If not, I'd vote for pulling it out. That's a heck of a
poor word to
reserve.
I am afraid of lots of user complaints, even if we had not
already used
TEMP.
OK, but we've already got "user complaints" about TEMP being a
reserved word, so that part seems to balance out. There is apparently
no basis in published standards for TEMP being a reserved word. And
btw it is not currently documented as a reserved word in
syntax.sgml...
TEMP is not a reserved word in informix, so there seems to be the
possibility to do a
grammar trick.

The portability syntax that would be needed is only:

select * from table where ..... INTO TEMP _mytemp;

Your example had the into temp after the select list, which does
not work in informix.

Andreas

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql