From: "Malcolm Beattie" <mbeattie@sable.ox.ac.uk>
Thomas Lockhart writes:
Before committing this (or at least before completing our upcoming
beta period), I'd like confirmation that this actually matches
expected behavior for a machine implementing a "GMT+0800" (or similar)
time zone, and that it is indeed a Posix standard? Anyone??
I can confirm that it is a POSIX standard. Section 8.1.1 "Extensions
to Time Functions" of POSIX 1003.1-1988 says TZ can be of the form
:characters
for implementation-defined behaviour or else
std offset [dst [offset][,start[/time],end[/time]]]
It probably won't affect anything, but some implementations (FreeBSD most
notably) have a bug in parsing TZ light savings string. The M notation gives
one day off for switching to/from light savings. Actually, it incorrectly
assumes Sunday as 0 for Zeller Congruence when it's Saturday.

Gene Sokolov.

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql
postedFeb 6, '00 at 10:16p