Oli Sennhauser
Hi Simon

I do not know if it is already the time to think on standby databases
with "managed recovery" while people have reading access on the database.
It would give a nice HA-Feature.
Please do not forget to have mirrored log files (for security also) for
this feature, localy and also remote.

I dont know if it is easier to plan this features in advance or later...
Regards Oli

Oli Sennhauser
Database-Engineer (Oracle & PostgreSQL)
Rebenweg 6
CH - 8610 Uster / Switzerland
(personal contact details removed by SR)
Website http://mypage.bluewin.ch/shinguz/PostgreSQL/
Oli,

Thanks very much for your suggestion.

I would like to see you suggestion implemented eventually, so will think
about this aspect as well. My thoughts are that there is an intermediate
step, which is that of a "standby database".

I'll update the Proposal into a Design document with this in mind.

Best regards

Simon

grouppgsql-hackers-pitr @
categoriespostgresql