Adrian Klaver wrote:

I see where my confusion lies. There are two proposals at work in the above:

"Taking another tangent I would much prefer the default time to be
12:00:00 for the conversion of a date to timestamp(+/-timezone)"

"Propose: '2013-12-25'::timestamp ==> 2013-12-25 12:00:00 "

For the timestamp(alias for timestamp without time zone) case the date
does not change. For timestamp with time zone it might.
Well, the big problem here is in trying to use either version of
timestamp when what you really want is a date. It will be much
easier to get the right semantics if you use the date type for a
date.

-Kevin

grouppgsql-general @
categoriespostgresql