Rich Shepard wrote:
On Fri, 18 Jan 2013, Adrian Klaver wrote:

test=> SELECT ('2012-10-29 '||'10:19')::timestamp;
timestamp
---------------------
2012-10-29 10:19:00
Thanks, Adrian. I suspected it was simple but I could not find a reference
to the syntax.
Of course, since you appear to want to deal with moments in time,
timestamptz is more appropriate than just timestamp. If the values
are in UTC, then you will want to append that to the string. You
might use something like:

test=# SELECT ('2012-10-29 '||'10:19'||' +00')::timestamptz;
       timestamptz
------------------------
  2012-10-29 05:19:00-05
(1 row)

If they're not already in UTC and your locale has a seasonal offset
like Daylight Saving Time, you might want to be careful with how
you handle data around the autumnal shift, or you could have things
which finish before they started.

-Kevin

grouppgsql-general @
categoriespostgresql