Hi Adrian,

I am on the Windows platform, how should I paste the command line.

Regards,

Xiaobo Gu
On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 10:44 PM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
On Wednesday, December 14, 2011 10:12:40 pm Xiaobo Gu wrote:
Hi,

I know \encoding is a meta command to set client encoding on psql
prompt, but how can I set it inside the psql command line which will
be called inside shell scripts,

psql -h 192.168.72.7 -U gpadmin -w -d miner_demo -c"\copy demo.store
to 'd:\store.csv' with csv header"

How can I set the encoding for the export csv file?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/app-psql.html
-c command
--command command

   Specifies that psql is to execute one command string, command, and then exit.
This is useful in shell scripts. Start-up files (psqlrc and ~/.psqlrc) are
ignored with this option.

   command must be either a command string that is completely parsable by the
server (i.e., it contains no psql-specific features), or a single backslash
command. Thus you cannot mix SQL and psql meta-commands with this option. To
achieve that, you could pipe the string into psql, like this: echo '\x \\ SELECT
* FROM foo;' | psql. (\\ is the separator meta-command.)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

   If the command string contains multiple SQL commands, they are processed in
a single transaction, unless there are explicit BEGIN/COMMIT commands included
in the string to divide it into multiple transactions. This is different from the
behavior when the same string is fed to psql's standard input.

Regards,

Xiaobo Gu
--
Adrian Klaver