Marc Horvath, 14.03.2008 12:35:
I was wondering if anyone had any working sample code of inserting a
blob into a table and then retrieving one from a table for viewing?

I’m using Postgres 8.2, the jdbc is postgresql-8.2-504.jdbc3, and the
Java is 1.6.

I’m also running on a Windows XP Pro box if that matters.
You should probably have posted that to the JDBC mailing list.

I am using the following code successfully:

PreparedStatement stmt = connection.prepareStatement("insert into blob_table (id, blob_data) values (?,?)";

File f = new File("pretty_image.jpg");
FileInputStream f = new FileInputStream(f);
stmt.setInt(1, 42),
stmt.setBinaryStream(2, f, (int)f.length());
stmt.executeUpdate();

connection.commit();

Note that the field blob_table is defined as bytea in Postgres

Regards
Thomas

grouppgsql-general @
categoriespostgresql
postedMar 14, '08 at 11:35a
activeMar 14, '08 at 12:20p
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Marc Horvath: 1 post Thomas Kellerer: 1 post