Hi,
We have some backups from our prod server and I was wondering
if there would be any problems with just copying the data
directory to a windows install (same version - 8.1.4) ... any
pointers?
If both servers are windows servers, and both are running the same
version of pg, then you can just copy the files over. Make sure the
postgresql service is *stopped* when you do the copying. (Clean out
everything in the data directory before you copy them over)
If either of those two are not the same, you can't.

//Magnus

grouppgsql-general @
categoriespostgresql
postedDec 1, '06 at 4:19p
activeDec 1, '06 at 5:43p
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Magnus Hagander: 1 post Anton Melser: 1 post