Tom Lane wrote:
han.holl@informationslogik.nl writes:
After upgrading to 8.0.3 I see very poor performance on several indexes.
Database was recently analyzed. Clearly, something has to be tuned that didn't
need tuning on 7.4.3 ? (Main table has about 1.7 million records).
No, there's no reason for 8.0 to be slower at this than 7.4, if all else
is equal. I'm betting that all else is not equal. Maybe you are using
a different encoding or locale in the new installation than the old?
Mmm, sure 8.0 is not slower than 7.4 in certain scenarios?

Consider:

select f1(id), f2(id), ..., fn(id) from my_view;

where fi is eligible for be marked as "STABLE" but is not.

In 8.0 in that select are involved n+1 snapshots instead of one as it
in 7.4. Could this be a performance issue ?

Regards
Gaetano Mendola

grouppgsql-general @
categoriespostgresql