From: Rini Dutta
Sent: February 20, 2001 9:35 AM
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org; pgsql-sql@postgresql.org
Cc: pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org
Subject: [SQL] handling of database size exceeding physical disk space

Hi,

Does anyone know how postgres/ postmaster handles the
situation where the physical hard disk space is full ?
Does it crash / corrupt the database, or does it
cleanly exit with appopriate message so that relevant
tables can be pruned (by the user) to free up disk
space and get it working again ?

Thanks,
Rini

a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

grouppgsql-general @
categoriespostgresql
postedFeb 24, '01 at 3:31a
activeFeb 24, '01 at 3:34a
websitepostgresql.org
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Rini Dutta: 2 posts Diehl, Jeffrey: 1 post