seiliki wrote:
A blog entry in

http://blogs.codegear.com/

links to a technical presentation:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2575733/The-future-of-MySQL-The-Project

The more I read about Mysql, the happier I am that we choose Postgres.

For example, I was surprised to see that (at least according to this
presentation) Mysql doesn't plug into external authentication. I'm
rolling out Kerberos authentication for Postgres, and my only regret is
that I didn't do this way earlier. Hard-coding username/password
combinations in any sort of serious environment just isn't an acceptable
solution, nor is just trusting and hoping.

Also, rolling out Kerberos was a lot easier than I expected. Kudos to
the postgres team.

Brian

grouppgsql-advocacy @
categoriespostgresql