Karthikeyan Sundaram wrote:
Hi Everybody,

I have 2 versions of postgres 8.1.0 is my production version and
8.2.1 is my development version.

I am trying to create a view in my development version (8.2.3)

create view chnl_vw as select * from channel with check option;

I am getting an error message:

[Error] Script lines: 1-1 --------------------------
ERROR: WITH CHECK OPTION is not implemented
Line: 1

what does this mean? I looked at the 8.2.1 manual and found the
create view has check option. But it says before 8.2 those options are
unsupported.
Why are you trying to declare a view "with check option" using a 8.2 engine?
Can you show us the part of manual that say you can use that syntax?

I see:

CREATE [ OR REPLACE ] [ TEMP | TEMPORARY ] VIEW name [ ( column_name [, ...] ) ]
AS query

Regards
Gaetano Mendola

grouppgsql-admin @