Yeah, same here... Here is a test case where tables and views show up
with the same relkind... :)

$ psql test -c "create table table1(id int); create view view1 as select
* from table1;"
CREATE VIEW
$ psql test -c "select relname, relkind from pg_class where relname in
('table1', 'view1');" | sed -e 's/r$/v/'
relname | relkind
---------+---------
table1 | r
view1 | r
(2 rows)

But I believe this is a feature, not a bug. Look at this, it is
explained here
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/catalog-pg-class.html.

Regards,
Lyubomir Petrov

Mario Soto Cordones wrote:
OK but views and tables for example have the same one relkind

thank