FYI

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: PG "Corridor Days" Kickoff
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 16:29:15 -0500
From: Jonathan S. Katz <jonathan.katz@excoventures.com>
To: Robert Treat <rob@xzilla.net>, Jim Mlodgenski <jim@cirrusql.com>,
Mason Sharp <mason.sharp@gmail.com>, Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com>,
Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>
CC: postgresql@thewickedtribe.net

Hey All,

Spoke with Erdman (looping him in on the email chain) - he's going to
plan for Austin on 3/23.

So if I don't hear back from anyone in the next 24 hours with strong
objections, these are the confirmed dates:

Fri 3/23/2012 - Austin
Mon 3/26/2012 - NY
Wed 3/28/2012 - Philly
Fri 3/30/2012 - DC

Housekeeping:

* Getting a website up. I'll talk to Magnus about where we could have a
splash page up before the new PUGS site is complete. That way we can
have info about the conferences, signup for preregistration, CFP.
* Making an announcement (would like to do by the end of the week)
* Budgeting
* I'll start getting info for space in NY for 2 rooms + reg desk +
sponsor desksfor ~100ppl - can somebodies volunteer to do that for DC/PA?
* I have a request for a "Corridor Days" logo in - elephant conducting a
train. I figure we do a "Corridor Days" campaign but target people into
their local conferences, and then do marketing for individual cities.
* Pricing
* Use the EU model:
* Early Bird / Standard / Pay @ the Door
* Student
* If we had more tracks per each conf, we could do a "corridor pass" but
that does not make sense...
* Train Party: We should get a group to go by train to each city and
have a train party similar to that in "Trading Places"

We're beyond kickoff now - let's get rolling,

Jonathan