Grokbase Groups Pig user June 2012
Hello everyone, I've been toying around the idea of sending the output of
my pig scripts to Carbon and from there, create some graphs using Graphite.

Right now, what I'm doing, is streaming that output to a python script,
which in turn sends that information to the correct socket (the one Carbon
is listening to).
Is there another way? I was thinking about writing a custom storage
function on python, but all I could find about custom storage functions is
in Java.. is it not possible to write one in python?
Maybe there is already a storage function that can take care of this?

Has anyone experimented with this before?

Thanks in advance!

Fernando

groupuser @
categoriespig, hadoop
postedJun 28, '12 at 1:16p
activeJun 28, '12 at 8:48p
websitepig.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Fernando Doglio: 1 post Alan Gates: 1 post