Grokbase Groups Pig user June 2012
aha!!!!
Thank you very much, it's nice to know that :)

So that would be the same even when using HbaseStorage ?

Thanks again for your explications

regards

Baraa
On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 6:57 PM, Norbert Burger wrote:

Baraa -- this is standard Hadoop job functionality (that your job
destination is only a target dir, and the actual file names are
systematically generated). Pig inherits this functionality. You will have
1 "part" file per reduce task of your final Hadoop job in the target
directory.

Probably the easiest way to combine these files together is to issue a call
to "hadoop fs -getmerge" as you're extracting the files out of HDFS.

Norbert

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 12:47 PM, Baraa Mohamad <