Grokbase Groups Pig user July 2011
What version of Pig are you using and what errors are you seeing?

There was PIG-1870 related to projections that might apply, but I can't say
so for sure. If that's the case it should work if you disable the new
logical plan with -Dusenewloginalplan=false.

Also, you might try specifying pig_test as 'hbase://pig_test'. I recall
another JIRA about that as well.