Grokbase Groups Pig user May 2011
I am new to hadoop and from what I understand by default hadoop splits
the input into blocks. Now this might result in splitting a line of
record into 2 pieces and getting spread accross 2 maps. For eg: Line
"abcd" might get split into "ab" and "cd". How can one prevent this in
hadoop and pig? I am looking for some examples where I can see how I
can specify my own split so that it logically splits based on the
record delimiter and not the block size. For some reason I am not able
to get right examples online.

groupuser @
categoriespig, hadoop
postedMay 27, '11 at 4:59p
activeMay 27, '11 at 7:19p
websitepig.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Mohit Anchlia: 1 post Alex Rovner: 1 post