Grokbase Groups Pig user April 2011
JIRA filed, see:

--jacob
@thedatachef
On Mon, 2011-04-25 at 09:02 -0700, Alan Gates wrote:
You are not insane. Pig rewrites sample into filter, and then pushes
that filter in front of the group. It shouldn't push that filter
since the UDF is non-deterministic. If you add "-t PushUpFilter" to
your command line when invoking pig this won't happen. Could you file
a JIRA for this so we keep track of it?

Alan.