Grokbase Groups Pig user January 2011
I wonder if discussion of the Piggybank and other User Defined Fields is
best done here (since it is *using* Pig) or on the Development list (because
it is enhancing Pig).

I'm trying to load some Json into pig using the PigJsonLoader.java UDF which
Kim Vogt posted about back in September. (It isn't in Piggybank AFAICS)
https://gist.github.com/601331

The class works for me - mostly....

This works when the Json is just a single level

{"field1": "value1", "field2": "value2", "field3": "value3"}

But doesn't seem to work when the json is nested

{"field1": "value1", "field2": "value2", {"field4": "value4", "field5":
"value5", "field6": "value6"}, "field3": "value3"}

Has anyone got this working? I can't see how the existing code deals with
this.
parseStringToTuple only creates a single Map. There is no recursion I can
see.

Any suggestions?

groupuser @
categoriespig, hadoop