Grokbase Groups Pig user October 2010
I met a headache about using UDFs with many dependence, adding them using
register command is very painful and not extensible. I can make
self-contained jar for hadoop job using maven (a jar with a lib directory
which contains all jars will be used for class look up), but it seems
doesn't work for pig. pig just treat that jar as a regular jar and try to
find classes directly inside it instead of inside those embedded jars.
Is there a way to make pig do the hadoop way of looking into the
self-contained big jar for class loading?
Thanks!

Yong-gang Cao
Seattle,WA,98104

groupuser @