From: Russell Jurney
Sent: Friday, June 25, 2010 2:36 PM
To: pig-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Writing to excel files from Pig

PigStorage is TSV by default, which will open directly in Excel. A
STORE
without any arguments will do that. Dmitriy has a UDF that adds column
names in PiggyBank called SchemaAwarePigLoader, if you need that.
http://wiki.apache.org/pig/PiggyBank If you need real excel files, use
streaming
http://hadoop.apache.org/pig/docs/r0.7.0/piglatin_ref2.html#STREAM
and
something like http://search.cpan.org/dist/Spreadsheet-WriteExcel/ and
Perl.

A storefunc that used a Java excel lib and pregenerated excel with
summary
charts would be cool :)

Russell Jurney
russell.jurney@gmail.com