Grokbase Groups Pig user June 2010
Tuples can contain tuples.

The arguments to a udf get wrapped in a tuple. So, MyUDF('foo', 'bar', 24)
will invoke MyUDF.exec(Tuple input), and this input tuple will have 3 fields
-- String foo, String bar, and int 24.

If you call a udf on a list of tuples -- MyUDF(tuple1, tuple2) -- this will
result in MyUDF.exec(Tuple input), with input.get(0) returning the tuple
tuple1 and input.get(1) returning the tuple tuple2

Hope this helps.

-D