Grokbase Groups Pig user July 2009
Hi Jeff,

When you say server and client, do you mean my master machine and slave
machine?

And my master and slave share the same version of hadoop, I copied and
pasted from the same flash drive.

Thank you,

George

2009/7/19 zhang jianfeng <zjffdu@gmail.com>
It looks like the versions of client and server is not the same.

This is version number explanation from hadoop source code:

* Version 6: change the counters representation for HADOOP-2248
* Version 7: added getAllJobs for HADOOP-2487
* Version 8: change {job|task}id's to use corresponding objects rather
that strings.
* Version 9: change the counter representation for HADOOP-1915
* Version 10: added getSystemDir for HADOOP-3135
* Version 11: changed JobProfile to include the queue name for
HADOOP-3698
* Version 12: Added getCleanupTaskReports and
* cleanupProgress to JobStatus as part of HADOOP-3150
* Version 13: Added getJobQueueInfos and getJobQueueInfo(queue name)
* and getAllJobs(queue) as a part of HADOOP-3930
* Version 14: Added setPriority for HADOOP-4124
* Version 15: Added KILLED status to JobStatus as part of
HADOOP-3924
* Version 16: Added getSetupTaskReports and

You'd better copy the same version hadoop to server and client to make them
consistent.

Jeff Zhang