Grokbase Groups Pig user July 2009
From my experience, the entries in {} have to be one dir name, it can't be a
path containing several dirs.
This does not work - LOAD '{/d1/abc/def/f1,/d1/abc/xyz/f1}'
This works - LOAD '/d1/abc/{def,xyz}/f1'

-Thejas

On 7/9/09 8:07 PM, "zjffdu" wrote:

You can use pattern to match the path:

For example:

Raw1 = LOAD '{inputPath1,inputPath2,...}/*' using PigStorage('\t');

This will load all the data under inputPath1,inputPath2,...

This is a mechanism supported by hadoop internally.

-----Original Message-----
From: Palleti, Pallavi
Sent: 2009年7月8日 20:34
To: pig-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Specifying multiple input paths in LOAD command

Hi all,

We have a facility in hadoop where we can specify multiple input paths.
Does this exist in Pig? Essentially, Is it possible to specify multiple
paths in load command? For example, I have n number of input paths which
I need to load for processing. The only possibility that I can see right
now is to use n variables using n load commands and do an union at the
end.

For ex:

Raw1 = LOAD '$inputPath1/*' using PigStorage('\t');

Raw2 = LOAD '$inputPath2/*' using PigStorage('\t');

.

.

.

.

Rawn = LOAD '$inputPathn/*' using PigStorage('\t');

Raw = UNION Raw1,Raw2,....RawN

Can anyone kindly let me know if there is a simpler way of doing it in
single LOAD line or something like that?

Thanks

Pallavi

groupuser @
categoriespig, hadoop