From: Palleti, Pallavi
Sent: 2009年7月8日 20:34
To: pig-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Specifying multiple input paths in LOAD command

Hi all,

We have a facility in hadoop where we can specify multiple input paths.
Does this exist in Pig? Essentially, Is it possible to specify multiple
paths in load command? For example, I have n number of input paths which
I need to load for processing. The only possibility that I can see right
now is to use n variables using n load commands and do an union at the
end.

For ex:

Raw1 = LOAD '$inputPath1/*' using PigStorage('\t');

Raw2 = LOAD '$inputPath2/*' using PigStorage('\t');

.

.

.

.

Rawn = LOAD '$inputPathn/*' using PigStorage('\t');

Raw = UNION Raw1,Raw2,....RawN

Can anyone kindly let me know if there is a simpler way of doing it in
single LOAD line or something like that?

Thanks

Pallavi

groupuser @
categoriespig, hadoop