Grokbase Groups Pig user May 2009
My java code is the example "idhadoop.java" from
http://hadoop.apache.org/pig/docs/r0.2.0/quickstart.html
So I think it ran in hadoop mode.

George

2009/5/30 zhang jianfeng <zjffdu@gmail.com>
From your logs I can see you run the pig in local model rather than hadoop
model

On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 10:43 AM, George Pang wrote:

Dear users,

I compiled and ran the pig-embedded Java code from the "pig quick start"
example on Eclipse. I got the following error:

INFO executionengine.HExecutionEngine: Connecting to hadoop file system at:
file:///
INFO jvm.JvmMetrics: Initializing JVM Metrics with
processName=JobTracker,
sessionId=

Obviously it can't find the HDFS or Hadoop. But I have set the
PIG_CLASSPATH
as

/usr/share/cloudera/apps/pig-0.1.1/pig-0.1.1-core.jar:/usr/share/cloudera/apps/hadoop-0.18.3-patched/conf
and other environments under Run Configurations / Environment
Is there anything I forgot to do? Any idea is much appreciated!

Pig: 0.1.1
Hadoop: 0.18.3
Eclipse: 3.4.2

George