Grokbase Groups Pig user March 2009
I have not tried it, but do you have c:\cygwin and c:\cygwin\bin in your
PATH ?

- Mridul

Avram Aelony wrote:
Dear pig users,

I currently use pig via the grunt shell, but would like to be able to also use the eclipse pigpen plugin.

I have pigpen installed on a win XP box and see the pig-menus in eclipse. Pigpen appears to connect via org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem correctly but then complains that "whoami" cannot be run.

Since I actually happen to have cygwin installed with a whoami at c:\cygwin\whoami.exe ( /usr/bin/whoami from within the cygwin environment ) is there a way to tell pigpen to use c:\cygwin\whoami.exe? Is there a better work-around? Has anyone been able to use the pigpen plugin from windows to submit jobs to a distant hadoop cluster?

Many thanks for your help,
Avram

javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: Login failed: Cannot run program "whoami": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

Caused by: javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: Login failed: Cannot run program "whoami": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
at org.apache.hadoop.security.UnixUserGroupInformation.login(UnixUserGroupInformation.java:250)
at org.apache.hadoop.security.UnixUserGroupInformation.login(UnixUserGroupInformation.java:275)
at org.apache.hadoop.dfs.DFSClient.<init>(DFSClient.java:169)
... 14 more

groupuser @
categoriespig, hadoop
postedMar 11, '09 at 1:50p