Grokbase Groups Pig user June 2008
If you want to read every file in the directory, you can give the
directory name. Every file should be read. At least in map reduce
mode. I'm not sure if this works in local mode.

Alan.

Kayla Jay wrote:
If I have multiple files in a directory, how do I load this into Pig? I want to run Pig over an input directory, not an individual file.

%ls Data
myfile1.txt
myfile2.txt
myfile3.txt
myfile4.txt
myfile5.txt

thanks.

Also, if I run the sample Pig Latin commands, I keep getting errors saying "Unable to open iterator"

For example,

A = LOAD 'myfile.txt' USING PigStorage('\t') AS (f1,f2,f3);
dump A

Gives me correct:
<1, 2, 3>
<4, 2, 1>
<8, 3, 4>
<4, 3, 3>
<7, 2, 5>
<8, 4, 3>

but, then when I do the next sample,
Y = FILTER A BY f1 == '8';
dump Y

I get a bunch of parser errors then the Unable to open iterator Y.

This happens for most of the rest of the samples.

What's going on?

groupuser @
categoriespig, hadoop
postedJun 6, '08 at 1:30p