From: Tom White
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 7:56 AM
To: pig-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Specifying multiple input paths

I;m having a problem loading data from multiple paths in Pig.
What I'm trying to do is to load data from a range of dates,
so I would like to specify an input of two globbed paths:

x = LOAD '2008/05/{26,27,28,29,30,31},2008/06/{1,2}'

Pig doesn't seem to like this though as it's trying to
interpret it as a single path. The best I can do it to use UNION:

x1 = LOAD '2008/05/{26,27,28,29,30,31}'
x2 = LOAD '2008/06/{1,2}'
x = UNION x1, x2

The downside to this is that I want to parameterize my paths,
and having separate script for each number of paths in the
input is cumbersome.

Is there a better way of doing this? Are there any plans to
support multiple paths, and/or PathFilters?

Thanks,

Tom

groupuser @
categoriespig, hadoop
postedJun 4, '08 at 2:56p
activeJun 4, '08 at 9:21p
websitepig.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Olga Natkovich: 1 post Tom White: 1 post