Grokbase Groups Pig user June 2008
I;m having a problem loading data from multiple paths in Pig. What I'm
trying to do is to load data from a range of dates, so I would like to
specify an input of two globbed paths:

x = LOAD '2008/05/{26,27,28,29,30,31},2008/06/{1,2}'

Pig doesn't seem to like this though as it's trying to interpret it as
a single path. The best I can do it to use UNION:

x1 = LOAD '2008/05/{26,27,28,29,30,31}'
x2 = LOAD '2008/06/{1,2}'
x = UNION x1, x2

The downside to this is that I want to parameterize my paths, and
having separate script for each number of paths in the input is
cumbersome.

Is there a better way of doing this? Are there any plans to support
multiple paths, and/or PathFilters?

Thanks,

Tom

groupuser @
categoriespig, hadoop
postedJun 4, '08 at 2:56p
activeJun 4, '08 at 9:21p
websitepig.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Olga Natkovich: 1 post Tom White: 1 post