Grokbase Groups Pig user May 2008
This might have nothing to do with Hadoop 0.17 but something else that we
fixed right after it. I'm investigating. Sorry for inconvenience.

FYI,
Pi

On 5/28/08, Tanton Gibbs wrote:

I think you need to increase the amount of memory you give to java.

It looks like it is currently set to 256M. I upped mine to 2G. Of
course it depends on how much ram you have available.

mapred.child.java.opts is the parameter
mine is currently set to 2048M in my hadoop-site.xml file.

For performance reasons, I upped the io.sort.mb parameter. However,
if this is too close to 50% of the total memory, you will get the
Spillable messages.

HTH,
Tanton

groupuser @