I have been thinking more about that.

I have seen that you are embedding the binary classes from several
projects into pig.jar. The idea is package all in a single jar to
simplify its use. I thinks that is a good idea.

By the other hand, people that are develop their own LoadFunc and other
code based in Pig needs to include the pig jar in their projects. But
because pig.jar contains binaries from other OS projects, conflicts can
appears.

So, I think there are two possibilities to solve the issue:

1) Create a new jar (like pig-core.jar) that is used for include in
projects and develop new Pig stuff. So, two jars would be generated:
pig.jar and pig-core.jar

2) Add one level more to the included projects in the Pig.jar. For
example, code under org.mortbay.* would be move to ext.org.mortbay.* .
That is complex because means to touch the package directive in the
source files and recompile.

I prefer the option 1).

Any thoughts?

Iván de Prado