On Mar 16, 2016 12:22 AM, "Remi Collet" wrote:
Le 15/03/2016 17:11, Scott Arciszewski a écrit :
Hi PHP team,

I've opened the vote on
https://wiki.php.net/rfc/mcrypt-viking-funeral which aims to
deprecate ext/mcrypt in PHP 7.1 then remove it in 7.1+1 (i.e. make
it only installable via PECL).

In the interim, I'll be developing a (MIT licensed)
decryption-only userland implementation of the mcrypt ciphers so
people can migrate their code towards something better.

This vote is opened on March 15th, 2016 and will close March 22th
at 17:00 UTC.
+1 from me.

Probably you miss keeping mcrypt extension means:

"PHP becomes upstream for libmcrypt"

So, to all people who wote "no",
please make clear you want to maintain this library.
+1 here but I wonder why it would be different now than with 7.0 except
introducing a BC in a minor release (7.2)?

I would still vote +1 while it should be removed with 8.0.

Cheers
Pierre

groupphp-internals @
categoriesphp