hi,
On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 2:51 AM, Adam Howard wrote:
#3 all the way. Extending support only extends the excuse of poor habits
and encourages those habits.
Same here.

However, if I have to choose something I would like to understand why
all of a sudden December 31 become a valid date. It is unrelated to 7
release date (December 3rd) and has no relevance whatsoever but easier
to remember.

Given this, I would propose to either add, change or update the options with:

- makes 5.6 deadlines match 7 release date and support lifetime
   . Active support until December 3rd 2017,
   . Active support extended to one year, end December 3rd, 2017
   . And the options for the security support, one or two years

- no change, as stick to what we clearly and openly define in the
lifecycle page (http://php.net/supported-versions.php) and extend
security support to 2 years (ending on 28 Aug 2018)

I had to go with make the dates match with no change, eventually
adding one year for security support as I consider extending the
active support at this stage as a mistake and bad usage of our limited
resources.

Cheers,
--
Pierre