On Dec 4, 2015 5:28 PM, "Sebastian Bergmann" wrote:
Am 04.12.2015 um 00:09 schrieb Stanislav Malyshev:
Windows as a platform is different from Linux/Mac in several aspects
True. But why does the PHP Project have to provide Windows binaries on
php.net? Microsoft should be treated as any other downstream vendor: let
them build their binaries on their infrastructure and let them distribute
their binaries through their channels.

Again, my intention is not to "bash Microsoft". I appreciate and
respect everything they have done to make PHP on Windows more robust.
I just think that the PHP project would be better off to focus on
one release artifact: the source tarball.
I would much appreciate if you stop hijack this thread with irrelevant
topics. Less important now but doing such things on the 7 release day was
not the best idea ever.

It could be acceptable if the qa part of the thing was not totally ignore
despite numerous reminder.

Last but not least, it seems there is a lack of knowledge and up-to-date
information about what is done where and why. Informing yourself would kill
90% of this argument. Or ask in doubt.