On Dec 3, 2015 10:27 PM, "Ferenc Kovacs" wrote:
On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 4:18 PM, Sebastian Bergmann wrote:

Am 03.12.2015 um 16:10 schrieb Julien Pauli:
We, PHP, are not distros maintainers.
Well said. But why, then, do we provide Windows binaries?

loaded question, I think it would worth splitting the discussion into a
separate thread.
my understanding is that at the time when we started distributing windows
binaries there were no binary distributions for php windows.
nowadays there are a bunch of other places for people to fetch their
windows binaries (the MS web platform installer, apachelounge, the numerous
wamp stacks, etc.) so there are less reasons to do so, but this is how we
did for years, and changing this would require a discussion and probably an
RFC and vote.
All of them use php.net. all.

There are special builds but for binary compatibility reasons, we manage to
unify them all.
--
Ferenc Kovács
@Tyr43l - http://tyrael.hu