On Dec 3, 2015 6:51 PM, "François Laupretre" wrote:
Le 03/12/2015 12:28, Pierre Joye a écrit :
On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 6:14 PM, Sebastian Bergmann wrote:

Am 03.12.2015 um 12:10 schrieb Pierre Joye:
In my world, we build softwares from sources, then we may found
issues. We patch the sources to fix them and make everything work
together smoothly.
Are you suggesting that PHP 7.0.0 will be changed, re-tagged, and then
released without a new release candidate if you find a problem
building
it for Windows?
Can you at least give me the illusion that you read our answers? It is
not only about windows.

I think it is confusing enough without trying to add more
"suggestions" to the stack.

What I am saying is simple. Openssl will release security related
fixes today. Most if not all of them will hit 3rd party
packagers/distros today/tomorrow/soon. Now, after discussions, waiting
a couple of hours more sounds like a sane (if not only) move to ensure
that everything goes well with openssl and php 7. If that's not the
case, for example openssl breaks BC again, then it is a problem in
openssl and they should delay their release or distros/3rd parties
will delay the patches. It won't have an impact on today planed
release of php 7.
For subsequent important releases, could we introduce a concept of
'frozen zone' of one or two days before the planned release date. This is a
time where everything is ready to deliver and nothing is planned. Any event
during this time delays the date. That's one of the mechanisms NASA has
established to respect launch times and I find it quite efficient.

We do have that already. What is happening now has been done many times in
the last decade.

Please move on. 7 is getting out today.