On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 6:14 PM, Sebastian Bergmann wrote:
Am 03.12.2015 um 12:10 schrieb Pierre Joye:
In my world, we build softwares from sources, then we may found
issues. We patch the sources to fix them and make everything work
together smoothly.
Are you suggesting that PHP 7.0.0 will be changed, re-tagged, and then
released without a new release candidate if you find a problem building
it for Windows?
Can you at least give me the illusion that you read our answers? It is
not only about windows.

I think it is confusing enough without trying to add more
"suggestions" to the stack.

What I am saying is simple. Openssl will release security related
fixes today. Most if not all of them will hit 3rd party
packagers/distros today/tomorrow/soon. Now, after discussions, waiting
a couple of hours more sounds like a sane (if not only) move to ensure
that everything goes well with openssl and php 7. If that's not the
case, for example openssl breaks BC again, then it is a problem in
openssl and they should delay their release or distros/3rd parties
will delay the patches. It won't have an impact on today planed
release of php 7.