On 16 March 2015 at 08:48, Lester Caine wrote:

The problem here is simply that just what error's are enabled and
disabled is getting more difficult to decide? If when moving from a
currently clean environment which has every error displayed and only
shows something when any problem arises then moving to a new major
version do we have to switch everything off again since all types of
errors will now be thrown by the previously clean code.

This is the problem currently in the PHP5.2->5.4 dilema. Yes you can
switch errors off and the code runs, but then how do you address the
problems. Added to which something hidden by E_DEPECATED in 5.3 is now
no longer available in 5.4, but the code is still 5.2.
We are talking about codebases with strict no-notice and no-warning
policies.

Disabling error reporting is not going to cut it here, as we all test our
stuff with E_ALL.

Marco Pivetta

http://twitter.com/Ocramius

http://ocramius.github.com/