Hi Lester,
On 16 March 2015 at 08:04, Lester Caine wrote:
On 16/03/15 00:16, Marco Pivetta wrote:
Syntactic sugar won't really make things easier when adopting the language,
and I don't like this sort of additional cognitive load either.

In short, I stand firm on my "if you can implement it in userland, don't
implement it in the language" idea.
Some of this Syntactic sugar would in the past have been developed in
PEAR, but the support for 'userland' solutions via that path seems to
have lost favour, with even the suggestion that PEAR should be dropped?
Perhaps if PEAR contained examples of good practice in these areas it
would help. I'd even perhaps go as far as suggesting that some of the
more exotic developments in core would benefit from up to date demo's of
their use in PEAR?
PEAR surely isn't where you'd look for new code nowadays: it's a legacy
repository.

Marco Pivetta

http://twitter.com/Ocramius

http://ocramius.github.com/