On 22 December 2014 at 01:52, Andrea Faulds wrote:
On 22 Dec 2014, at 00:50, Marco Pivetta wrote:
On 22 December 2014 at 01:43, Andrea Faulds wrote:

Hey,
On 21 Dec 2014, at 23:33, David Muir wrote:

The insensitivity makes code brittle. Sometimes the same code will run
fine, and other times it breaks depending on what lines triggered the
auto
loader. If you instantiate a Foo instance first, then instantiate a new
foo, the code runs fine, but if you try to instantiate a new foo first,
we
get a fatal error.

I’d say that’s not the fault of insensitivity, but the fault of
poorly-written autoloaders.

I'd like to know if there's an autoloader that handles case sensitivity
without O(2^n) stat calls worst-case scenario (N being namespace/class name
parts chars).
Yes. Those running on Windows or OS X (both use case-insensitive
filesystems by default),
  Except that nobody I know of runs production on a case-insensitive
filesystem.

those that convert the class name to lowercase, those that error on
non-lowercase class names, etc.
That's an interesting idea to be honest: could be brought up in the
composer mailing list, I'd say.

Marco Pivetta

http://twitter.com/Ocramius

http://ocramius.github.com/