On 11 October 2014 01:24, Leigh wrote:

BC compatibility is easily achieved as variadics (
https://wiki.php.net/rfc/variadics) allow for writing cleaner and less
complex versions:
True.

So can we make these functions behave as if variadics were used
without removing them? Something akin to making these functions
language constructs?
That would actually be worse, as it wouldn't be possible to pass them to
methods with a `callable` hint or similars such as `array_map`.

In general, I understand why there's a lot of fuss about BC compat here,
but I don't see why providing them as separate file or using something like
a "global include" is a problem. Is/would something like that (be) possible
via ini setting?

Marco Pivetta

http://twitter.com/Ocramius

http://ocramius.github.com/