On 10/30/2013 4:55 PM, David Soria Parra wrote:
Julien Pauli <jpauli@php.net> schrieb:
Could we make a list of the remote branches we really don't need anymore,
and clean them up ?
This was discussed when we moved to git. If we delete the branches eventual
commits will get lost. They honestly don't hurt at all unless you are super
aestetic about it in which case you don't want to look at git branch -a anyway.
Therefore I see no reason to remove them except for killing parts of PHP's
version control system history.

-1 for me.

It's obv okay for branches that got merged.

David
-1 as well. In git most branches don't take much space if any (branch is
just a pointer to a commit - if this commit is also in another branch,
no data is duplicated).

--Leszek

groupphp-internals @
categoriesphp