Sounds like a least dangerous way of solving the problem to me. The
only issue I can see with this fix is what would happen is if after
the "PG(max_input_vars) = max_vars; "
call the request got interrupted in persistent environment such as
Apache (mod_php). Wouldn't that means that for subsequent requests the
value would not be equal to the one set by the user?