That's the way to do it. If you have an idea, such as this, write it up, and let's discuss. If we don't, we end up talking about things (like scalar type hinting) that has been beaten to death on more than 100 occasions (sarcasm, but not really...). We can then have a reference to point to showing that the discussion is dead. After 6 months, feel free to bring it up again.