From: Christian Kaps
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2011 2:52 PM
To: PHPMailingList
Subject: [PHP-DEV] Scalar Type Hint

Hi internals,

someone in the "Return Type Hinting for Methods RFC" thread had the idea
of a "numeric" type hint. I will capture this idea and propose a
"scalar" type hint. I understand the problem of the current discussion
about scalar type hints(int, float, string, double, ...). But there
should be a possibility to define a "scalar" type hint to restrict
arguments to scalar types.

function setName(scalar $name) {}

class Foo {
public function __toString() {}