@Will: Patch works perfectly with PHP 5.3. There is just a minor issue
related to APC not caching instances.
That patch didn't reach a consensus and that's why I opened a
different thread to implement a patch based on poll results.

Cheers,
On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 10:55 PM, Will Fitch wrote:
Wow. I should actually look at the RFCs more frequently.

I have to say, assuming the patch is valid for PHP 5.3 (which I have no
doubt it is), I don't see why this can't be taken more seriously.  I know
the discussion was brought up a few weeks ago, but what are the objections
to injecting this functionality into the next major post-5.4 release?