RTLD_DEEPBIND fixes this problem using a test program and two minimalistic
DSOs to emulate the namespace clash problem. But I see PHP has support
for RTLD_DEEPBIND:

# if defined(RTLD_GROUP) && defined(RTLD_WORLD) && defined(RTLD_PARENT)
# elif defined(RTLD_DEEPBIND)
# else
# endif

On my Linux glibc 2.3 systems RTLD_DEEPBIND is chosen.

So now, I have to wonder why my customer had a problem in the first place.

Based on the above macros, is it possible that RTLD_DEEPBIND could NOT
be chosen?

Mike

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 11:43:56 -0400