I have been lurking on this list for a while, and this is my first
post. Sorry it has to be such a daft question. I don't even know if
it's the right list, so my apologies in advance.

I need to add mysqli support to a web server and our sys admin refuses
to do anything unless it comes from a debian package. Anyway I thought
it would be possible to compile PHP in a chroot enviroment with mysqli
support and take the extension and use that on our servers.

I ran a simple
./configure --with-apxs2=/usr/bin/apxs2 --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql
--with-mysqli=/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql_config --with-zlib --with-gd

However I can't seem to find the extension. I ran php-config
--extension-dir but it points to a directory that doesn't exist.

The only good thing to come out of this, is that I now have an
environment where I can easily test builds.

George

groupphp-internals @
categoriesphp
postedMar 15, '06 at 2:15a
activeMar 15, '06 at 7:56a
websitephp.net

2 users in discussion

George McLachlan: 2 posts Sara Golemon: 1 post